A couple of issues.Support

1. o0Slickman0o

o0Slickman0o New Member

First of all, sorry if this might be in the the wrong section, i just registered :)
    My device: Droid X updated to 2.3 gingerbread
    Not rooted
    Using Launcher Pro

Now I am having a couple of problems with it lately, mainly with the phone locking up quite frequently. Locking up to a point where i have to pull the battery. It kinda happens at random, so I don't think it is a certain app that causes the lock up.

Another issue I am having is when i try to update or download certain apps (not many), I get an error saying "could not install on USB storage or SD card" Now I am assuming that it is a problem with my SD card but i just want to confirm before buying a new one.

Lastly, I have a small hardware problem. My menu button (physical button) is not working properly, It doesn't really work at all really, well unless i sit there and tap it for about 10 minutes, where it might decide to work. Now this is a replacement Droid X i got when i lost my original one, and the menu button started acting up almost from the start (wasn't as bad so i didn't bother doing anything) Is there anything i can do to fix it? Should I call up my warranty services. If they ask me to send it in, how long will it take? (i have a full warranty on it)

thank you :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, o0Slickman0o. Your thread about X issues has been moved for you to the Motorola Droid X Support and Troubleshooting sub-forum, where other users of that device can read and offer help. :)
  3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

If it is a refurb, take it back.
  4. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Look at your running apps (Settings / Applications / Running services)
    Look for recently installed apps that are running in the background. You'll have to troubleshoot these apps (stopping or uninstalling them one at a time) to see if they are causing the lockup issue. Takes a few days since you only do one at a time and WAIT to see if you have a lockup.

First: Try clearing the market app data:
    Settings / Applications / Manage applications / All (tab) / Market / Clear data
    Then reboot and try the Market again

Second: If the above doesn't work, read this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-su...271976-issues-downloading-updates-market.html

I agree with the above comment. If it's a hardware issue the only thing you can do is get a new phone. If you have the extended warranty, Verizon should switch out with no fee. No extended warranty, I'm not sure how long the refurb warranty period is.