a couple of problems

Last Updated:

1. jokerbb101

jokerbb101 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. Can someone tell me is it normal for the bottom of the phone being really hot (that I worry it would explode any minute) when I surfing the internet/listening to songs/downloading? It doesn't happen often but does happen from time to time.
    Also, recently my desire starts to switch off itself. What is happening to it? I have not installed new apps recently. I have not installed any task killers apps nor juice defender etc.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too concerned about the phone getting getting hot. This seems to be a regular occurrence with most Desires.

3. Kryten2k35

Kryten2k35 Well-Known Member

Yeah mine gets pretty hot. Not killed me yet!

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

yep, mine gets hot as well.
    cant help with the second problem though, sorry.

5. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

There's a huge amount going on in the phone when you're surfing the internet and other intensive tasks, you're bound to get a bit of heat generated.

As to the shutting down, do you mean the phone totally shuts off and you have to restart it? Is there any warning or does it just go?

6. jokerbb101

Yea, it just shuts itself off without any warning. in fact I couldn't restart it, I had to pull the battery in order to restart it.

So the Hot issue is normal? Theres nothing I need to worry right?
    Thanks

7. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

It gets really hot if you are charging it as well as using it. Not sure about the restarting problem. Have you recently updated apps through the market notification?

8. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't get really hot, just a bit warm, even with a lot of use. It might be yours is getting too hot and switching itself off.

There might be a problem with it.

9. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

As Stucky said it's possible the problems are related - Does it shut off when it's hot or are they separate? If they're separate I'd imagine the heat is nothing to worry about. If they occur at the same time the batttery could have a thermal cutoff built into it - Check your battery temperature by typing *#*#4636#*#* into the dialler and pressing battery information.

10. jokerbb101

Yea it gets warn while its getting charged not hot though. No I haven't updated apps for awhile.

11. jokerbb101

Well, didn't pay much attention on it but since you point it out, I think theres once or twice it shut off when it's hot. But still sometime it shut off without any noticeable issue.
    Do you mean I should type that series when I feel the phone is hot? Or After it shut itself off? The battery Now is 29.0 degree.

12. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I use an app called Battery Left and have it set to include the battery temperature on the widget displayed.

It does get hot when used intensively. Mine went up to about 44 degrees the other day, when plugged into my car charger and using Google Navigation for several hours in a hot car.

It sounds as if the phone shutting down is a protective mechanism when the battery overheats. I've not had that happen to me so I suspect you may have a faulty battery.