A couple of questions - INCREDIBLE device :)Support

Last Updated:

1. knightwing44

knightwing44 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so a few questions...

1) Should my People's birthdays/anniversaries sync with my calendar automatically? I entered a few and they don't seem to sync. That seems impossible.

2) Does the stock battery get better with time? I've gone through two full charge/discharge cycles, but find that the battery drains pretty fast - about 12 hours worth of medium use.

3) I downloaded the app-killer and it works great. Last night I killed all the apps running before hitting the sack and charging the phone. This morning, I had 10 apps running. Things like youtube were running. Why would that be? I can understand for apps that update every so often, but youtube???

thanks
    Knight

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I see a storm brewing...

My personal recommendation is not to bother with a task killer app. Android manages the memory just fine. If you find your battery is draining too fast, and go to settings > about phone > battery usage and find that one of your apps is really draining a lot of power, it is probably not working properly.

This is a topic that causes a lot of arguments though :p

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

New batteries take a few cycles.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

What you'll find is a task killer will actually eat up more memory than it frees. The processor is plenty fast so managing the memory is a non-issue. On slower processors it takes awhile to process the tasks and thus you get lag, on the incredible its just not an issue. If you kill a task and it reloads itself thats even more battery power being eaten up needlessly.

5. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

The best thing I did was remove the advanced task killer, it was more trouble than anything else, messing up basic tasks. Battery is definitely better now.