1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

A couple of Tasker profiles for rooted CWM users of the S3

1. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

This thread links to a couple of profiles I wanted to share with S3 users. They can be made universal but since they were produced on the S3, its much simpler for you guys to use them.

The original threads remain in the Tasker sub forum (And it would be nice to get traffic there) but I don't think you guys all know about it.

These Tasks should work on any CWM based recovery. I tested on the GT-i9300 using Philz Recovery. I assume these will work on other S3 models without much effort too.

Task to flash Zips

This task can be run from your homescreen. It will flash all the zips in a folder in alphabetical order (so you can name them "01_rom" and "02_Theme".

Once it has booted into recovery and flashed all your zips, it will boot back into Android. Please be aware, this shouldn't be left unattended. Aroma installs will still need you to make your selections. You will also need to unselect the "reboot your device" option at the end of an Aroma install.

Profile to take Nandroid backups

This is a profile that automatically takes a Nandroid backup during your sleep (once a week). It will keep a maximum of 2 nandroid backups on your SD card, deleting the oldest before taking a new one.

Advertisement
    ackalbo, davoid, saltire and 3 others like this.
  2. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Nice one SUroot. One suggestion. can your task be altetd to delete the old Nandroid backup after making a new one rather than before? I ask just in case the new one borks and your left without a backup.

My bad I see it keeps two anyway.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be left without a backup as that profile has a backup history of 2. So you will always have 1 backup.

You have 2 backups. One from Last Saturday and one from the Saturday before that. Now it's Saturday again. Your oldest backup is deleted (Still leaving last Saturday's) and a new backup is created.

The problem with deleting after taking a backup is that then, with 3 backups, you're looking at close to 6GB space taken up.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Good work mate thanks :) :beer:
  5. saltire

saltire Well-Known Member

Automated backup will be so useful cheers SU. Now I guess I'd better get Tasker then :rolleyes: - didn't realise you could do stuff like that with it.

How steep is the learning curve :confused:
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

I wont lie, its steep. I'm barely scratching the surface. Really most of what I'm doing is using bash scripts, like I would in Linux
  7. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

its a very difficult software to use i just go to the wikis and see profiles and use them or ask questions here and get help.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Yeah. I find Wiki's annoying to browse so I mostly play and google.
  9. funkylogik

Oh i gave up with tasker after half an hour lol.
    Cant believe im actualy planning to study app desgn without a phone or internet when i go to jail lol.
    Hopefully ill have a better attention span in there with no alcohol!
  10. silentwitness

did i read that Right you said go to jail? Do you mind me asking what are you going for and for how long you Will be missed on the forum
  11. funkylogik

Well im pleading not guilty and im not sure about site rules on this but its in front of a jury in n apart from the perverted crimes its like 2nd worst u can get i guess. Worst case 10-12 :(
  12. silentwitness

thats really bad and you are getting married soon also.
    funkylogik likes this.
  13. funkylogik

Married now (Wed') but rumour has it, the "victim" has done a runner abroad (he's dutch) so im makin app' with my lawyer/advocate to see if/how thats gona affect the case.
    Tbh its lookin good mate. Every dream i have is a jail one but im stayin positive while awake. Im confident in myself that im not that bad of a person. Fingers crossed (if i believed in luck) lol :)