• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] A couple of Tasker profiles for rooted CWM users of the S3

SUroot

Extreme Android User
May 25, 2010
Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Hi Guys,

This thread links to a couple of profiles I wanted to share with S3 users. They can be made universal but since they were produced on the S3, its much simpler for you guys to use them.

The original threads remain in the Tasker sub forum (And it would be nice to get traffic there) but I don't think you guys all know about it.

These Tasks should work on any CWM based recovery. I tested on the GT-i9300 using Philz Recovery. I assume these will work on other S3 models without much effort too.

Please make a Nandroid backup before flashing zips.

Task to flash Zips

This task can be run from your homescreen. It will flash all the zips in a folder in alphabetical order (so you can name them "01_rom" and "02_Theme".

Once it has booted into recovery and flashed all your zips, it will boot back into Android. Please be aware, this shouldn't be left unattended. Aroma installs will still need you to make your selections. You will also need to unselect the "reboot your device" option at the end of an Aroma install.

Profile to take Nandroid backups

This is a profile that automatically takes a Nandroid backup during your sleep (once a week). It will keep a maximum of 2 nandroid backups on your SD card, deleting the oldest before taking a new one.

Reactions: DHazyJMac

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones