A couple of theme questions.....

Last Updated:

1. ktez

ktez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been playing with themes lately and I have some questions. First, is there an easier way to go back and remove a theme if you don't like it other than doing a nandroid restore? I have searched for a stock theme with no luck.
    Second questions - a lot of the nice themes for some reason have very strange looking blue smileys instead of the regular green ones. Is there any way to change that? Something about a blue face with yellow lips is just wrong LOL.

Advertisement
  2. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

Not sure what themes you have used but you will most likely have to replace your framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk. If your clock is black in the notification bar or if you don't have am/pm you will also have to replace your services.jar. I would head over to xda and pull those files from either Frostman89's deodexed "rom" or jt1134's clean rom. Both will be stock unedited files.

There are a few things you can do outside of a nandroid restore to return your phone to the stock look. What I do with those files is push them to my devices via adb.

For example:
    adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    adb reboot (make sure you do this for changes to take effect)

All three of the previously listed files go in /system/framework

Another option would be to remove the files from a theme.zip and replace them with stock ones. Most, if not all the themes available for the fascinate use premade update.zip's. I prefer the first method because its quicker.

Oh and if you're worried about the smiley faces they are in framework-res.apk :)

3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

i believe inverto/remix at xda has a back to stock "theme" in the link section that restores font/framework/tw framework. also back to stock font is in rom manager too.

4. ktez

I've been searching for something like that - I spent an hour or so last night going thru search results on xda but couldn't find it. Do you know if it's in the themes thread or the dev thread?

5. nitsuj17

heres the link to the direct d/l

xda-developers

saps likes this.
  6. ktez

Thank you so much!

7. nitsuj17

8. saps

saps Well-Known Member