1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of wants / suggestions / etc.

Last Updated:

1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member This Topic's Starter

OK, I like the forums, and I know there is a ton of traffic here, but just curious one a couple of things:

1. Why is every single picture re-sized, even if it fits well within the parameters of the default skin that the board is using? (Mind you, I am not griping, I am asking a legitimate question - just want to know)
    2. Why don't the numbers show on a numbered ordered list in the final post? They show perfectly fine when using the WYSIWYG editor when formulating a post, but in hte final post there are no numbers....
    3. In http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/20240-suggestion-add-nav-bar-bottom-threads.html a request was made for an additional nav-link section at the end of every thread. I highly second this idea. In addition, I'd like to request
    4. At least one dark skin, please - I use computers a lot and white backgrounds kill my eyes (on a plus note - they make me take more frequent breaks :p)
    5. Finally, I have my Skype set to show my status online, but on here it still shows me as not logged in - and I am logged in pretty much all day on this computer....

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion, turn off the post count in introductions and forum games, the lounge in general. Those posts, IMO, should not count.

3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

We've actually talked about doing that last night.

Breadcrumbs added to bottom of thread, down under "next/previous thread". Sorry to put it so low but there is a lot of stuff down there and that happens to be where I chose to put it. Just one more mouse wheel scroll down to hit it, better than a million to go back up.

4. johnlgalt

I like it just where it is - it makes intuitive sense, to me.

Now - how about my other questions? The lack of numbers is the most (interestingly enough) infuriating of them all, to me....

I an live without a dark skin - I am a big boy and can force different color use if need be in my browser....

You're doing a bangup job herer, but I can try ot get you in touch with the admin of seven forums to see if he is willing to let you use his skin as a basis for a dark one if you're even remotely considering it. If not, like I said, - I am a big boy.

5. johnlgalt

BTW, the last point I make about Skype is my own damn fault - helps if I input my Skype user name correctly....

List test:

1. a
    2. b
    3. c
    4. d
    5. e

6. Phases

Just a quick reply, I gotta head out but:

- We're having problems with some bb codes, including that one (list). And italics. It's a bug in the tons of code we've altered over the years, not a plugin' related thing, so I've been digging and digging trying to find the culprit the past couple days. I will, by golly!

- Img thing, try now. Show me an example here perhaps.

- Skins - probably not. We've had several others but I think Rob wants to leave as this one only and.. I personally am okay with that so we don't have multiple skins to troubleshoot/edit every time we introduce new features. But, if enough people speak up, you know... we're here for the members!

- Skype.. lol, I spent all day yesterday trying to find something wrong with all our skype code. Dern yous!

- Navbar at bottom, done

.. but yeah, digging into the img/bbcode thing.

7. Caddyman

1 tiny super easy thing :)

can we turn off the "must click quick reply button" please?

8. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

+1... unless there's a really good reason for it to be like that that I'm missing.

9. Phases

Deal.

10. Caddyman

Werd, thanks Phases

11. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

Thanks much!