A Couple Questions, please help ME =)Support

Last Updated:

1. marissals

marissals Member This Topic's Starter

I am soooooooo new with Android and anything having to do with it, so I have been studying the boards, but really just need some questions answered:

1) Why isn't my email coming to me automatically. I have Yahoo with the k9 application.

2) Why arent my facebook notifications coming to me automatically. It is set up to sync every 30 minutes but i never get any of my notifications

3) A certain contact's info isn't syncing for facebook. The name is typed correctly so why might this be

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!! =)

Advertisement
  2. Nissan1973

Nissan1973 Well-Known Member

Just an idea but put the Power Control widget on a screen and make sure the Sync one is on.

3. marissals

marissals Member This Topic's Starter

just did what you said, and i believe the sync one is on

4. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I don't know about now but I know like 6 years ago you had to have a Yahoo! Plus account to get push email to mail clients. But try these settings if yours is different.

Yahoo! Mail Settings

Yahoo Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)

POP Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings
    Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

I don't use Facebook notifications at all, but I heard other people were having problems with facebook notifications. there's a thread here.

As for the contact syncing I believe it's just cause the facebook app/sync stuff on Android freaking suck. The name should match exactly how the person's profile has it. Even then sometimes it won't catch it right away. They really need to support manual linking of contacts like the Blackberry software does.

5. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

The default Facebook app only gives you notifications for Messages, Pokes, Friend Requests, and Event Invites.....

There are other facebook apps that might give you more control like Bloo. There are plenty of other free alternatives as well.