a couple questions

Last Updated:

1. timothyr

timothyr New Member This Topic's Starter

hi everyone. I'm definately a noob. just a few questions for anyone who can answer them. I gotta hero (love it so far) and I am wanting to transfer a word doc into quickoffice. I can't seem to find a folder on my sd card to get the file there. any help? Also, I'm thinking about rooting my phone and I wanted to know the benefits or if I should just leave it alone. I'm not an app developer or anything. Is it worth the trouble? thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

If you don't know what root is or does, you don't need it.

Download Astro File Manager from market, it is free, that will help you find your folder.

timothyr likes this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Firstly, welcome to Android Forums! :)

Have a read of this thread, as it explains all you need to know about the pros and cons of rooting. If you've any further questions I'm sure the members in the Hero forum will be able to help.

Enjoy your stay.

timothyr likes this.
  4. timothyr

timothyr New Member This Topic's Starter

IOWA, that's just what i was looking for. Thanks. One more question. Is there anyway to hide apps, files, downloads, photos, and other stuff? I've seen a few apps for hiding photos but they all seem to get poor reviews. I'll pay for the right app. That's why I was going to root my phone, but I wasn't even sure that rooting would allow me to do that. Thanks again

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I haven't seen a way to do this yet... and I've looked around a little bit. Your best bet is just just keep your phone locked.