A Couple Things to Know Before Flashing SBF

Last Updated:

1. aholeinthewor1d

aholeinthewor1d Active Member This Topic's Starter

read just about every thread talking about the sbf..figured this one rather than being a guide could just answer some questions.

i started out with 2.1 rooted..then updated to 2.2 and kept root...now im running tranquility..for a couple reason i want to go back to stock and start over...i know how to use rsd lite with the patch and all so my my question is..

-do i need to do anything at all before flashing..i have flashed the sbf a couple times on 2.1 and everything went fine..this is the first time that im trying to go from 2.2 - 2.1 ...i have no themes or anything changed except for running the Tranquility ROM...

please let me know if im missing anything i never had problems doing anything to this phone so i want to see if there is something i am missing..thanks a lot

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

if going from 2.2->2.1 you have to wipe data and cache

3. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

4. aholeinthewor1d

aholeinthewor1d Active Member This Topic's Starter

i planned on doing a normal factory reset in privacy settings...then go into recovery and wipe date and cache..then also wiping again once the SBF flashed...i read that if you wipe before flashing that it will prevent the need for the battery pull after...but does it matter that i have tranquilty installed? theres nothing at all else i need to do before i flash?

5. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

no, tranquility shouldn't make anything work any differently doing an sbf

6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I always do it before