• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A dissertation on Boost Android:

kevincott

Android Expert
Jul 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
After purchasing/using numerous Boost Android phones I have come up with the following results.

1. KitKat made Android a ‘polished’ OS. Before Android 4.4 I communed with the Mod community and JellyBean(-) forced me to Root and install custom ROMs. KitKat freed me like the Matrix ...

2. 99% of the time I experience lag type issues I learn that it is due to questionable apps. Admittedly I aim to only use trustworthy apps but occasionally I develop problems. Recent phones (KitKat+) I research known issues and eventually learn that a factory reset solves ‘what ails me’. DO NOT use free apps of ill repute.

3. A quad-core 1.2g processor is enough. While not sexy, the Qualcomm 400 series burns though everything I throw at it, even most gaming.

4. 1.5+ gig RAM, removable battery and SD card are nice but unnecessary. I no longer always use SD cards after a couple failed me.

Prevail, GS2, Moto G, and LG Volt.

Last edited:
removable battery and SD card are selling points but are not necessary.

These two will also depend on your internal storage and daily use. You can run into space problems with only 4GB or 8GB, and heavy users with no way to charge during the day like having a second battery.

I no longer always use SD cards after a couple failed me.

Were they name brand cards, or generic?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones