• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps A Droid-dock configuration app for developers

tliebeck

Dec 6, 2009
android.nextapp.com
Hello all,

I was extremely annoyed at seeing the "Multimedia Station" app pop up every time I placed my phone in the dock which is connected to my development machine. It's slow, changes the default behavior of the home button, and is just plain annoying in such a scenario.

I've thus thrown together a quick app to allow one to disable the Multimedia Station entirely. The app is called "DockControl" and is available on the market. Price is free.

I know there are n similar apps on the market. I just wanted one that stopped the dock from doing anything.

The dock-insert behavior can be configured by launching the app. You can have it do nothing (my personal favorite!), open the home screen, or run the stock multimedia app.

May it save your dock from being modified with a jigsaw. Or a hammer. Or via defenestration into an environment where it has excess potential energy relative to its imminent destination.

Best
--Tod

Reactions: BoB3k

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones