A feature I hate on some Android phones

Last Updated:

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After using my Moment for almost a year, and finally upgrading to the Evo and Epic, I realize what joy it is to use a large screen.

But more than that, what really bugged me about phones like the Moment, is the huge wasted bezel space. The Moment is barely smaller than the Evo or Epic, and yet the screen size is a tiny 3.2", while the Evo and Epic are 4.3" and 4.0" respectively.

It always annoyed me to carry a huge device with a lot of wasted bezel space.

I hope that future Android phones, even low end phones, won't have a lot of wasted bezel space. If the screen is going to be smaller, then the phone should be smaller, accordingly as well!

Is this a pet peeve of you guys as well?

Advertisement
  2. faugusztin

faugusztin Well-Known Member

Reason for this that in smaller phone you still need to put the stuff inside - battery, PCB, mic, speaker, antennas etc etc. You can either have bigger bezel, or phone will have thicker.

3. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

Exactly. There are components inside the phone other than the screen. If they are larger than the screen, you get a large bezel. If they are smaller than the screen you (usually) get a small bezel.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I think the Aria is a prime example of this tradeoff. It's a little bit thick for it's size; things don't scale 100% as you would think as size goes down.