• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few big buttons

maplewood

Jul 26, 2010
I'm looking for a app that will put four (or at most six) great big (user definable) buttons/icons on one of my home screens.

This would be to make it easier to hit the "office" direct dial shortcut or the "Google Now/Microphone" when I don't have my glasses on or whatever.

I don't have or need a car dock (for which there are apps) nor do I need any more functionality nor anything fancier than great big icons/buttons. It seems to me that there used to to be some sort of Car Mode app that did this but I can't seem to find it.

(For an S3, running Synergy 4.1.2 r443)

Do you mean in the dock or elsewhere mate?
What launcher do you use?
With Nova you can change the home screen grid size to have bigger/less icons. Also check out some Icon Packs for big icons that you can change the colour of to make them more visible :thumbup:
I'm running whatever launcher is stock with the Synergy Rom.

I don't want to change the size on all the home screens, just one that I would use when I am finger/eyesight constrained. (Which is what I think happens with Nova or it's ilk). Can you mix icons from different packs or is it "choose a pack" and use it for all the "home" screens?

I have to confess I'm not sure what you mean by "dock." I want this special screen on one of the screens that appears when you hit the big button on the bottom (and then can scroll through the various screens).

thanks for this help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones