A few issues I've ran into...Support

Last Updated:

1. Discskillz

Discskillz New Member This Topic's Starter

So I recently picked up a Fascinate. Was excited to have a new phone to play with since I've been using the G1 for the last 2 years.

First problem: None of my bluetooth products will pair with the Fascinate, Motorola headset, and my Panasonic car stereo. Anyone else run into this issue?

Second problem: I keep getting voicemail notifications but when I go to check my messages...Nothing is there, this may be a Verizon issue though and not so much the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I have 2 BT's and both paired on the first attempt for me. In fact my BT performance has been best ever of any device I've ever used. I also have not had your voicemail problem. If you cannot resolve these issues, take it to the store, you might have gremlins and need to exchange a defective device

3. bstr

bstr New Member

Not sure about the bluetooth problem, but if your old phone (the one that the bluetooth was paired with previously) is still on and in the area, it could prevent the new phone from pairing with it.

For the Verizon voicemail problem, my recommendation would be to use Google Voice for voicemail and your messages will be transcribed so you have the choice to read them instead of stopping to listen. Besides, Verizon charges minutes to check your messages and also for their silly Visual Voicemail app. Further, if you convert your friends over to using your Google Voice (GV) number, you can use it for texting, cancel Verizon sms plan and save another $5-10/month.

On my verizon account, I completely turned off verizon voicemail. If I don't answer, it just rings and rings if anyone tries me at that number. They stopped trying and now know to reach me at my GV number. Going a step further to prevent calls to my phone directly, I changed the number and do not give the number out.

When my GV number is called, any of three phones will ring depending where I happen to be; cell phone always rings, computer always rings (gmail calling feature), and my desk phone at work will ring if I am there. (great app in the Market called Locale) This way, I use very few Verizon minutes and can change carriers on a whim without porting. They can keep their number and the next carrier can give me whatever number comes up.

Lengthy post for a simple question, hope it helps!

Brian

saps likes this.
  4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Nice tips and a good advice on the GV set up