• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A few issues since upgrade

Burnsie

Jun 21, 2010
I updated my phone to android v4.0.4 the other day and have since noticed a few issues and I am wondering if others have.
Firstly the 3d camera app has disappeared. This was a pre-installed camera app used for taking panoramic photos This seemed to work very well when I used it but has disappeared with the upgrade.
Secondly, my phone seems to struggle more...freezing for a 5 seconds plus. Never did this with the old OS
Finally, I just had a normal Xperia wallpaper (the one that like smoke). When you touched to screen that use to move. A few days ago my phone froze for a few seconds. When it started working again the background did/does not move anymore. I

I'm also on 4.0.4

To take panoramic photos, just open the standard camera app and then open the settings by selecting the top left icon. The Panorama options will be there.

As for your other issue, I've not experienced freezing or problems with the wallpaper. I assume you've turned the phone off then back on again? If so, then all I can suggest is maybe do a factory reset and see how it goes.

Upvote 0
I'm also on 4.0.4

To take panoramic photos, just open the standard camera app and then open the settings by selecting the top left icon. The Panorama options will be there.

As for your other issue, I've not experienced freezing or problems with the wallpaper. I assume you've turned the phone off then back on again? If so, then all I can suggest is maybe do a factory reset and see how it goes.
cool, cheers for that!

and yes, ive tried the off/on trick :D

Upvote 0
does anyone know if we can still view 3d photo's on the phone? there used to be a way to view 3d multi-angle photo's by tilting the screen, but not since ics so far as i can see?

also, for the background/wallpaper, you need to choose the live wallpaper, i think it's called cosmic flow or something similar.

Upvote 0
The only thing I have noticed since the upgrade is that I can't choose my own sounds as a text alert. I'm stuck with the awful standard ones on the phone :(

I've got my custom text alerts in the audio\notifications folder, and these are available to me to pick as my text alert.

In addition, if you're in messaging\settings\Notification tone there are music notes at the top right of the screen. press these and it takes you to your music collection where you can pick any of your MP3 files to use.

Reactions: erclairedoc
Upvote 0
I've got my custom text alerts in the audio\notifications folder, and these are available to me to pick as my text alert.

Not sure what or where the audio/notifications folder is but the second thing you mentioned, (using the music notes) worked perfectly. You are an absolute star! Thank you.

This forum is ace. Whenever I get a little niggle of discontentment with my phone, I come here and I get the solution. Very happy!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones