• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few months w/o a screen protector, your results?

Vip3rV333

Feb 6, 2010
Finally got the Otterbox after using a cheapo eBay gel case. The quality difference is like night and day...

So my thoughts are, since this has such nice protection, should I keep my Phantom Skinz screen protector on? I never keep anything in my pocket when the phone is in there. Will I still get scratches since its glass?

Basically, those ppl that dont keep stuff in your pockets with your phone (keys, coins, ect) and dont have a screen protector, does your screen still look perfect after a few months?

Finally got the Otterbox after using a cheapo eBay gel case. The quality difference is like night and day...

So my thoughts are, since this has such nice protection, should I keep my Phantom Skinz screen protector on? I never keep anything in my pocket when the phone is in there. Will I still get scratches since its glass?

Basically, those ppl that dont keep stuff in your pockets with your phone (keys, coins, ect) and dont have a screen protector, does your screen still look perfect after a few months?
yeah, my scrren is perfectly fine. no scrathes or anything except fingerprint marks. i wouldnt worry about and ive been barebacking it since may 25th and i dont even have any dust problems either. btw when i have my phone in my pocket, i always have the screen facing my thigh.

Reactions: Vip3rV333
Upvote 0
I keep my phone facing inward with no screen protection or case. It's also kept in the same pocket as my keys. I wear jeans everyday and it's a mildly demanding environment as far as bumps and jarring are concerned. This has been my daily routine since I got my Hero in November of 2009. So far no cracks, no scratches. Knock wood this will continue!

Upvote 0
I've had mine since the beginning of June and the only thing I have is a cheap rubberized plastic case off ebay. No screen protector. Although I bought one, I just didn't like the way it felt over the screen and once I found out the screen was actually glass I just didn't worry about it anymore. My screen looks like the day I got it. Hooray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones