A few months w/o a screen protector, your results?

Last Updated:

1. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Member This Topic's Starter

Finally got the Otterbox after using a cheapo eBay gel case. The quality difference is like night and day...

So my thoughts are, since this has such nice protection, should I keep my Phantom Skinz screen protector on? I never keep anything in my pocket when the phone is in there. Will I still get scratches since its glass?

Basically, those ppl that dont keep stuff in your pockets with your phone (keys, coins, ect) and dont have a screen protector, does your screen still look perfect after a few months?

Advertisement
  2. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member

yeah, my scrren is perfectly fine. no scrathes or anything except fingerprint marks. i wouldnt worry about and ive been barebacking it since may 25th and i dont even have any dust problems either. btw when i have my phone in my pocket, i always have the screen facing my thigh.

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  3. Vip3rV333

I already have the dust problem, so to late for that. But yeah, I keep the screen facing my thigh also just in case. My g/f's Dad (Palm Pre) recently bumped into a corner and the screen cracked while it was in his pocket. Can you guess which way it was facing? :)

4. Mike6453

Mike6453 Member

I keep my phone facing inward with no screen protection or case. It's also kept in the same pocket as my keys. I wear jeans everyday and it's a mildly demanding environment as far as bumps and jarring are concerned. This has been my daily routine since I got my Hero in November of 2009. So far no cracks, no scratches. Knock wood this will continue!

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

my screen is still in perfect shape after 4 months, never used a case.

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  6. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I've had mine since the beginning of June and the only thing I have is a cheap rubberized plastic case off ebay. No screen protector. Although I bought one, I just didn't like the way it felt over the screen and once I found out the screen was actually glass I just didn't worry about it anymore. My screen looks like the day I got it. Hooray.

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  7. Vip3rV333

Okay thanks for the info everyone. :) My screen is naked now. And wow, it does feel better this way. (no pun intended)

8. Dr. Glockenspiel

Dr. Glockenspiel Member

+1 for no screen protector and no scratches, and I carry pens, change, keys, all kinds of junk in the same pocket as my phone.

9. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

No scratches.

Got dust under the screen, but its easy to take apart and clean.

10. pa4ul

pa4ul Well-Known Member

no scratches here either. Had my phone since novemeber never had a cover or protector.