• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few Newbie Q`s???

BASH69

Lurker
Sep 7, 2011
Hi Guys!

Just took delivery of my FT3 (32gb) from ChinaGrabber and so far very pleased for the ca$h it cost!

Stats as follows -

Model No - DISCO10

Android Vers - 2.2-20110801

Kernal Vers - 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #9

Build No - FRF85B

I understand this is a new build so is so far NON flashable with Tims latest upgrades?

I also understand you cant get payable apps to show on the market, but i cant seem to get even the simplest free appas to show!? (such as Facebook, Twitter, Angry Birds, UTube - all the official apps!?)

My WiFi keeps dropping off briefly at approx 5 min intervals even though its showing full strength - is this normal as its bloody annoying!!! (it always reconnects straight away but its still annoying)

Ive already had order a new UK charger as the 1 that came with the unit does not seem to work at all - is this common?

Im sure il have more questions as i go along but any helps with the above would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Stew

I understand this is a new build so is so far NON flashable with Tims latest upgrades?

Some FT3's appear to have a different wifi module fitted now. It works with the original firmware but stops working if you install Tims firmware (different chip). I think CG supplied units will still be ok but re-flash it at your own risk, it might be safer to open it up and keep the original internal tf card safe and fit a new one and then try flashing Tims firmware...
My WiFi keeps dropping off briefly at approx 5 min intervals even though its showing full strength - is this normal as its bloody annoying!!! (it always reconnects straight away but its still annoying)

There is a mod that you can try that involves reducing the tx power of the wifi.. this is reported as improving the connection, presumably it improves signal clarity.....google txpower fix, its primarily for the zenithink zx180 but it might be worth a try. The tablet will need to be rooted first though.
Ive already had order a new UK charger as the 1 that came with the unit does not seem to work at all - is this common?

It's not un-heard of!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones