• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few noob Galaxy questions

greycobalt

Dec 13, 2010
I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

First, the bottom buttons annoy me since my Nexus and Nexus 7 are the exact opposite. Is there any way, mod or otherwise, to switch the back and menu buttons?

Is there any way to make the number pad use a normal number tone instead of the water drop noise?

TouchWiz was ok, but it was too restrictive with how I normally use my phone. I switched to Nova Launcher and infinitely prefer it. Does anyone know if the CM10.2 is going to be using the standard Nexus layout? If so, will that fix the above problem as well?

Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?

The boot screens are a little much for me, and the Rom Toolbox said it flashed a new one, but it never happened. Is there a special way this needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?

I can answer this one. You actually don't have to touch it to connect. Just ignore the pop-up screen and activate the headset -- it'll connect.

Upvote 0
greycobalt;[URL="tel:6103226" said:
6103226[/URL]]I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

First, the bottom buttons annoy me since my Nexus and Nexus 7 are the exact opposite. Is there any way, mod or otherwise, to switch the back and menu buttons?

Is there any way to make the number pad use a normal number tone instead of the water drop noise?

TouchWiz was ok, but it was too restrictive with how I normally use my phone. I switched to Nova Launcher and infinitely prefer it. Does anyone know if the CM10.2 is going to be using the standard Nexus layout? If so, will that fix the above problem as well?

The boot screens are a little much for me, and the Rom Toolbox said it flashed a new one, but it never happened. Is there a special way this needs to be done?

1) No way to which the buttons around.

2) Not from what I'm aware. (I hate the water drop sound too.)

3) Not sure about this question.

4) I have this same issue with my 2 yrs old Plantronics bluetooth. I have to give it permission to connect every time. This is not a Samsung thing though. I have a newer set of Logitech bluetooth headphones and iHome bluetooth speaker that connects rightaway.

5) Not sure about this one.

Upvote 0
greycobalt;[URL="tel:6103226" said:
6103226[/URL]]I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

Adara;[URL="tel:6103499" said:
6103499[/URL]]I can answer this one. You actually don't have to touch it to connect. Just ignore the pop-up screen and activate the headset -- it'll connect.

Tried it and this didn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones