• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A few problems - bluetooth, email, notifications etc.

redlinezak

Sep 8, 2010
OK i figured it might be better to put all my questions into one thread rather than starts lots of different ones.

My phone is a Desire running android 2.2 and using the orange network (although it is an unlocked phone)

1. When i receive an email (btinternet POP account) i do not always get a notification sound. The phone vibrates and i get a notification icon in the bar but no tone (occasionally this will work but not often) i have turned on notification sounds in the email settings). I have tried a reboot and battery pull but to no avail. I have also removed ATK as i noticed on other threads that people had reported notification problems when this was running.
2. Are there any differnt email apps that i can use which allow me to change the notification tone (when i get it to work) again with my btinternet account although i would also like to add my work exchange emails too at a later date.
3. Are there any tips on allowing the phone to automatically pair with my bluetooth handsfree car kit (there is no 'always allow' option as you see on most other phones). I sometimes get a request to pair from the kit but this isnt always successful and it would be nice to not have to do this every time.
4. Is there anything in the phone that automatically shuts down bluetooth or wireless etc when the battery gets flat (bluetooth was not turned on this morning and i dont remember turning it off last night but my phone did get below 10% battery.
5. Is there any way to boost signal via UMA or anything. My previous phone was a blackberry 9700 which i connected at home via UMA. Since owning the desire i have found that my coverage in my house is not great which was obviously disguised by the UMA feature on my Blackberry.
6. Is there a way to create folders in the 'all apps' screen so that i can better organise my apps.

I think thats about it for now and any help on any of the above points would be great.

Thanks

Nath

1. check whether ring and notification volume are linked (settings / sound / volume).

2. I think notification sound is set by the system not the app. You could try a few & see.

3. Mine has always automatically paired with my headset. Didn't do anything to make it happen.

4. You probably need a task manager. Tasker is quite popular on here Tasker for Android

5. No idea

6. Try FolderOrganizer.

HTH.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones