A few problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. caber

caber New Member This Topic's Starter

I own a HTC Wildfire and its a great phone, but I have a few problems with it:

1. Sometimes when I plug the phone for charging, I get electrical shocks when I touch its metallic parts, like the volume buttons, lock button, etc. Is this common? Mostly happens when I plug it to my computer.

2. Is there any way to change the way to unlock the phone instead of the sliding down procedure? Cause it tends to regularly answer calls in my pocket. I tried Widgetlocker, but wasn't too happy with it.

3. I tend to keep the ringing volume on max, but after I switch between vibrate, silent and normal mode a few times, the volume level resets to the default level. Any way to avoid this?

4. I'm using Astro Bluetooth Module to transfer stuff, but cant seem to cancel the transfer. Any way to do this?

5. The phone lags randomly (I notice this when I play some game) and sometimes it fixes after I restart the phone. Any way to avoid the random lags?

Sorry for the noob questions :eek:

Advertisement
  2. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

I've only seen something like that only once before - and it was an earth fault in the PC. Get the PC checked out, it could prove fatal to more than just your phone.

3. cadstuen

cadstuen New Member

I experience the same. When I am connecting my phone to the electric panel, I feel a little shaking in the metalpart of the phone.

4. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

with the unlocking issue, you can set up an unlock pattern so even after screen dragged down you still have to draw pattern to unlock.
    menu,settings,security,unlock pattern:D

5. MikeJohno

MikeJohno Member

Could it be that you are completing a circuit to earth which is normally from one hand to the other which is necessary for the touch screen? I've seen on the forum that people have had issues regarding car cradles and their phones not working when in those, but work fine when holding the set.
    Have you ever had electrics checked at home? as it sounds like you could have an electrical circuit problem. I've had shocks from TV's before when plugging-in aerials, and they've been house electrical issues. Just a thought.