A few problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Davi

Davi Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,
    Does anyone know how to connect to google or the internet, it works with wifi but no other way.

I bought my samsung i7500 second hand it works fine, but how do i get rid of the t-mobie logo when I switch it on, my contract is with virgin mobile.

Is there anyway to save my phone numbers to my sim card rather than to the phone itself.

thanx
    Davi

Advertisement
  2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Check your APN settings, these are possibly still set for T-Mobile and you'd need to find out what to set them for on Virgin mobile.

Flashing a new firmware using Odin should get rid of the T-mobile operator logo, please read the stickies at the top of this forum.

I'm not sure why you would want to save phone numbers to the sim card since it's rather limited, but I don't believe this is possible with Android anyway.

3. Davi

Thanx for the help,
    I just checked my apn and it was blank, I then looked in network operators and there was a list with t-mobile, o2, vodaphone, orange and 3...no virgin mobile :(

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

manually put in virgin mobiles settings for APN
    Mobile Data Settings - What Mobile
    you can get VM as you wouldnt be able to make or recieve calls on it

theres no way i know of to save back to sim card

5. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Virgin is a virtual operator (I guess they are actually using T-Mobile's network).

Anyhow. Call Virgin and ask them for APN settings.

6. Davi

I called virgin and have managed to get the internet working, i can use the google search now, but when I try and access the internet through the browser icon, it wont connect, ive tried changing the home page to the virgin page i was told to use but it just keeps trying to load the vodaphone home page..oh well I can live with that i spose :D

7. apolloFER

apolloFER Well-Known Member

You could try a different browser because maybe Vodafone tampered the browser. Dolphin Browser is very good IMO.

8. Davi

thanx i will have look at that :)

9. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Dolphin is OK but Opera Mini is blazingly fast and looks great on this phone. I found I had to fight Dolphin to surf as I like. Opera mini is very fluid.

10. apolloFER

But has no Javascript which is important on some sites. Pages are rendered on the servers and then displayed as plain HTML.

11. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

i hqve seen an early leaked beta of skyfire for android somewhere, cant wait to get the release version, since it would enable flash through serverside rendering on any device...

12. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

beta does not support flash yet. :/

13. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Another big up for Opera mini here - Dolphin got annoying and would stall opening websites all the time :p

14. apolloFER

Are you running any form of 1.6? That's exactly what I experienced. Both Dolphin and original Browser would lag and lag, and force close. So 1.6 is the reason (as is the reason for many lags).

15. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

No, still 1.5 here and yeah, I have the Android browser issue too.

16. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

I'm running 1.6 JB6 and actually noticed a improved speed with default browser since 1.5 but it still kinda blows. Everything is faster on 1.6 for me, I don't run background data so I do not have the "No Sleep" bug or my daily reboots keep it under control. I typically get 36 hours of heavy data, video playback and a couple of Bluetooth calls before I need a charge.

17. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Don't confuse people. There was no evidence of the 'no sleep' being connected to background data or autosync (or in fact location services...).

18. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

background data keeps it from sleeping on 1.5 and 1.6, its unfortunately by design so hes actually not incorrect
    when referring to the "no sleep bug" then yeah its not background data but then he mentions in the same sentence that rebooting from time to time keeps no sleep at bay