A few problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. baller827

baller827 Member This Topic's Starter

So the day the Droid came out I ended up purchasing one and after a little while I had a problem that was happening with my messaging app. What was happening was sometimes the inbox would force close and I'd come back to it and all of my messages would be completely erased. So I talked to the guy at Verizon and he said it was probably just the application and that I should just wait for an update.

An update came around and still the problem continues. Some weeks the app will go without problem and my messages will be fine. Other days(such as today) the app will force close constantly and will erase my inbox(like it already has 3 times since this morning).

Another issue I've been having is after putting music on my phone a few months ago I started having low memory problems. I still have 4gb of open space but it doesn't make a difference.

Sometimes my phone will be completely fine and I can download apps, other times when I download an app my phone will say low storage space(with the little icon that pops up) and I'll be forced to delete an app.

Then other times for no reason whatsoever(for instance I'll just be texting) I will get a low storage space and will have to delete one or two apps in order to get the icon to go away, otherwise it will not let me text because it will say my inbox space will be full, even if I delete every text in my inbox.

What I have done to try to help this:

Handcent SMS: It seemed to somewhat reduce the force closes and inbox erasing itself.

Advanced Task Killer: I thought possibly the low storage space was due to too many apps running at once, but even if I close most of my applications it doesn't seem to make a difference.

So to fix these problems I thought about possibly reformatting the SD card to see if that would help.

Or I was also considering rooting my Droid because a: I've always thought it would be cool to gain that freedom and be able to do anything with it and b: I know it, in a way, reinstalls the complete software of the phone even though it's slightly modified for complete access.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do/if my ideas would help at all?

Advertisement
  2. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

What I suggest is you do a factory reset of the phone. Also, I would back up your data from your memory card and format. I think the factory reset will solve your problems though, if not I suggest you call up Verizon and see something about getting your phone replaced. Faulty hardware can be a cause of this as well.

3. baller827

baller827 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok thanks a lot, are there any programs that can backup all of my stuff? Or should I just copy all of my files?