• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A Few Q's about Updating to Cognition

Hi,

I found this forum somehow while Googling for info. on how to update my Captivate and it is very useful and informative. I've had my Cap for about 3 months now and thought that I would try and update to Froyo/Cognition/v2.2 (I'm trying to get Cognition). I had found the Ponack Guide and reading through the steps I was a bit confused, for example:

In Step 1 (USB drivers, for me 64-bit), when it says "Once downloaded obviously install these" - this is a Zip file so I need to extract it to my PC (Windows 7) but at this time do I install everything on my phone?

This probably seems obvious to more experienced users (I'm getting there!) but I'm trying to follow the steps exactly. Also, there were several YouTube videos for updating to Cognition, are any of them worthwhile?

Thanks!:)

Edit: This probably should go in the All Things Root forum

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones