• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions about selling a phone...

I am selling my phone (Eris) to a stranger from craiglist. Obviously I'm getting cash and will swipe it with my marker (paranoia!) but my main concern is info on the phone. I formatted the microSD card and did a factory reset by holding the send, volume down, and power button to get to the menu.

Is this safe? Is there anything else I should do?

When I sold my wifes Eris I performed a Master Reset and completely removed the sd card. I sold the phone with the buyer knowing it was being purchased sans memory card and that didn't affect the price at all. Most buyers will understand you aren't interested in losing your sensitive data and don't mind grabbing a card of their own. Most probably already have one laying around the house somewhere. Just make sure you are up front and open with the buyer about what they are and are not going to receive and you should be fine!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones