A few questions about selling a phone...

Last Updated:

1. bilbravo

bilbravo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am selling my phone (Eris) to a stranger from craiglist. Obviously I'm getting cash and will swipe it with my marker (paranoia!) but my main concern is info on the phone. I formatted the microSD card and did a factory reset by holding the send, volume down, and power button to get to the menu.

Is this safe? Is there anything else I should do?

Advertisement
  2. faber78

faber78 Guest

as with anything computer; a hammer and a fire are the only truly safe things to do.

3. bilbravo

bilbravo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Too true! Although I saw a show once where they recovered data from a hard drive that was melted in a fire. Scary stuff there.

4. faber78

faber78 Guest

^that is scary.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Buy a new SD card, why use the existing one?

With regards to the phone, should be fine. If you're really paranoid, change all of your passwords AFTER you sell the phone.

6. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

When I sold my wifes Eris I performed a Master Reset and completely removed the sd card. I sold the phone with the buyer knowing it was being purchased sans memory card and that didn't affect the price at all. Most buyers will understand you aren't interested in losing your sensitive data and don't mind grabbing a card of their own. Most probably already have one laying around the house somewhere. Just make sure you are up front and open with the buyer about what they are and are not going to receive and you should be fine!