1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General A few questions about the DNA...

1. michaelkingdom

michaelkingdom Active Member

My menu bar keeps coming down every minute or so for a second and then goes away. Annoying when reading etc. Is there a way to turn this off?

I try to charge with older usb cables but the DNA is very picky, only wanting to use the DNA stock cable. Other cables cause the DNA to stay on, not charging. What gives?!?

When I use voice search or the phone's Google search, I come to a search results page. If I leave that search results page and go back to another application, I can't find my way back to the search. results page. I've checked the stock browser / chrome and it is not in either. Where are the results?

On my Thunderbolt when using the phone's stock search, there would be an arrow next to the items the phone thought I might want to search for. By pressing the arrow, the suggested entry would be put into the search box but I could continue adding words onto the string. Is that gone or a setting?

Advertisement
  2. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

With regard to the first 2 problems, I haven't experienced either. Pending other suggestions, I think you might want to take the unit back to the store. Might be defective. Not sure about the search results question.
  3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the notification bar (the one you get when you swipe down from the top of the phone) or the menu bar that displays when you hit the three little dots?

Neither one should display unless you're swiping or pressing something on the phone. If they are, there's something wrong with the phone and I'd go right back to the store you bought it from.
  4. michaelkingdom

michaelkingdom Active Member

I did a hard reset and things are working much better. I had other issues including process.android.acore notifications. Things are working great now - charging on other cords / no notification bar popping in.

That being said, my third and forth question still remain.