• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions about the Incredible

Wordslinger

Apr 24, 2010
I'm new to smartphones, so if these are newbie questions, that's why.

1. Does it use less battery to leave the phone in sleep mode or to turn it off every night?

2. Will having a bunch of widgets and live wallpaper drain a lot of battery power? It seems like my battery is draining pretty quick with only moderate use. I'd like to make it last as long as possible and don't really use any of the widgets.

3. Can I assign a different screen to the home position? For example, if I didn't use any widgets and just wanted apps displayed, could I make the left most screen home instead of the middle?

Thanks

I'm new to smartphones, so if these are newbie questions, that's why.

1. Does it use less battery to leave the phone in sleep mode or to turn it off every night?

2. Will having a bunch of widgets and live wallpaper drain a lot of battery power? It seems like my battery is draining pretty quick with only moderate use. I'd like to make it last as long as possible and don't really use any of the widgets.

3. Can I assign a different screen to the home position? For example, if I didn't use any widgets and just wanted apps displayed, could I make the left most screen home instead of the middle?

Thanks

1. Why not just put it on the charger over night? That way you don't have to worry about sleep mode vs. power off.

2. Having live walls and active widget will drain your battery. It all depends on the type of activity the widget is performing. If it's pulling GPS and internet data it will kill your battery pretty quick. A good example of this is the WeatherBug widget. If you have it set up to track your location and update the weather conditions you'll destroy your battery life.

3. You can't change the "HOME" button screen. That's coded into the OS. If you want to just display apps, why does it matter what screen is home. Just start putting shortcuts on the screen starting there.

Reactions: Wordslinger
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones