A few questions about the moment and FB.....Support

Last Updated:

1. hockeymom

hockeymom Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

First just wanted to thank everyone for all their help, I've been reading the forums for the past month getting all the tips and tricks with my new moment. I LOVE the phone and it was definitely worth every cent.

My problem was I had battery issues also (read through that thread several times and got a lot of useful info from it) but then it froze up on me twice in the middle of making a phone call. I took it back to Best Buy Mobile a day before my 30 days was up. My problem is after almost 4 wks with the phone I had it exactly how I wanted it and everything was working fine. Now I'm almost back there but one problem I'm having is with facebook. I don't know what I did the last time but I was able to take a picture with my phone and two taps later have it uploaded to FB. Now when I go to share a picture FB isn't an option BUT I have logged into it several times, even had it open in the background.

I've done a search in the forum and can't seem to find anything relating to my issue. Does anyone know any possible settings I could be missing?

I will say that my husband had gotten the BB Tour the same day I purchased the moment and he raved about how great it was until the 30th day when he realized with 2 clicks I could get to certain websites with flash media and his BB couldn't. So guess what? He's now a converted moment owner and user.... Great phone once you get the little quirks worked out and this forum has been great for it.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

go to FB>My Albums>Mobile Uploads>menu>Upload photo

hope that helps

3. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member

Are you using the Mobile site, touch site, or the Facebook app?

There are a few ways to upload pics to facebook. Using the app you can simply take a pic usingthe "take a photo" option within the app and it will auto upload.

You can also load ur FB credentials into the "pictures and places" app that was preloaded onto ur phone. (I think that is what it's called)

There's also a facebook address that you can sms the pics to. I'll have to look that up and post that address later. Hope this all helps.

4. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member

Ok, the address is mobile@facebook.com. send ur pics via sms there, but u have to have ur phone number saved in the facebook database.

The app that will auto upload for you is called "Photo & Video".

5. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member

Ok, the address is mobile@facebook.com. send ur pics via sms there, but u have to have ur phone number saved in the facebook database.

The app that will auto upload for you is called "Photo & Video".

6. hockeymom

hockeymom Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all your replies...

What I had been doing before was taking the picture and then hitting menu --> share --> Facebook and within 10 seconds of me taking the picture it was uploaded to FB.

Now when I try to do it and select "share" FB is NOT an option it once was on my old phone. So today while I was playing around I did download the andriod FB version from the marketplace (it stinks, I think the installed mobile version is better) and now the FB option is back when I take a picture and select menu, then share. Not sure if downloading the marketplace FB did it (I didn't download it with my first moment) or if some of the settings I was playing with changed it but for now it's there.

Thakns again!

7. kalel3038

kalel3038 Active Member

Ok i just became and facebook user and see how its much more easier cause of android better then myspace..but anyways back to the problem ive tried uploading pics on to my pro using the share tab on gallery but it says cannot upload but then when I switch profiles to my gf pro it uploads perfectly can somebody help me out???

8. geenerzzzzz

geenerzzzzz New Member

Ok having the same problem....I found in the pre-installed apps....never used it..but after reading all the threads on here and was getting frustrated not finding an answer to uploading to FB staight from my phone....I started playing with my phone and the apps...this is how you upload staight to Facebook...without emailing!!!!

go to Photo and Video places!!!!
    click on add a new place....and BOOM!!!!! type in your Facebook email and password and it works way faster and better than emailing the photo's to FB.....so when you snap a new pic click "share" and then click on Photo and video places and your Facebook app should show up and click on that......and now all your Facebook friends can see.....

So I'm now really loving my "Moment"

9. jodymendel

jodymendel New Member

Did you ever get your problem with uploading photos to FB? I haven't been able to make it work & need advice!

10. geenerzzzzz

geenerzzzzz New Member

Yes...had some problems but not anymore.....Just try what I posted above...it works wonderful and even lets you upload to the album you want!!!!

11. jodymendel

jodymendel New Member

Thank you for all your help everyone! But guess what?!? I had my FB email address misspelled! What a dork! It was off by ONE letter, I feel soooo stupid!!

12. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

That's how I roll. It even allows you to write a caption!

13. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

what if when i click on photo and video places and it says "fetching destinations" and then i get an error message that reads "the operation could not be completed due to a network failure or configuration problem"?

i should clarify that ikediggety is actually my husband. he has the incredible, (i'm jealous) and i have the moment.

EDIT: and i will be creating my own account shortly. and my husband is wonderful and sexy. and he definitely didn't edit this post to add this.