1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

A few questions, and, yes, I've tried searchingSupport

Last Updated:

1. JeepsOLot

JeepsOLot Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is on an Atrix 2, unlocked, on Walmart Family Mobile (T-Mobile).

1. How do I get rid of the "Entitlement Check Failed" message? I would think I would have come up with this by searching, but, I haven't, maybe I'm not entering the right keywords.

2. I know that T-Mobile's 3G/4G band is different then AT&T's and that's why the Atrix 2 doesn't have those bands and defaults to "E". What happens every now and then, and just happened today for about 5 mins, is, for some weird reason, it goes to 4G. I know it was really 4G, because it was fast as all get-out while it said it was on 4G. Is the phone having a brain fart, and thinks it's an ATT phone and switching to their network for a min or so?

3. Rather basic, but, can't exactly find it, what is the difference between blue bars, white bars, and blue/white radius indicators (the ones above and just to the right of the "4G/E" indicator).

I think that is it for right now. If this stuff is posted else where, please let me know, and I'm sorry.

Jerry

Advertisement
  2. JeepsOLot

JeepsOLot Active Member This Topic's Starter

I can't believe no one can help me with any of this, really?

Jerry

3. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Just ran across this...here are your likely answers:

1) To get rid of the entitlement check your phone has to be rooted and the entitlement check value in the phone's configuration needs to be set to either 0 or disabled instead of 1. There may be other lines that should be modified as well for full functionality of tethering, lapdocks and hotspots. Do a Google search on "atrix 2 entitlement check" and you will see a lot of threads on this...mostly at XDA.

2) T-Mobile is refarming some of their old 850mhz spectrum to 1900mhz, and when a T-Mobile SIM sees that it will show as 4G. However that service is only available in limited areas, mostly in major metros, although T-Mobile is expanding it as fast as they can. However, most AT&T 4G phones will rarely see 4G service from T-Mobile for some time to come.

Hope that helps.

4. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

The bar colors denote 3G or 4G or some other badn, I believe.