a few questions before i make the plungeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. quadracer25

quadracer25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

alright i had an eris and it got melted in the cab of a combine so i have a free upgrade to use and i would like to buy the incredible. I loved the eris i am in no way a geek or even needed that smart of a phone but hey who doesn't want a cool phone with internet and apps right. The only thing was my battery life after the 2.1 update sucked on it i had to charge it 2wice a day. I don't know if it was an app or what but o well. Then there was the call lag.

So basically i wanted to know if the incredible has any problems with laggyness(new word) or bugs and if the battery life is better than the eris.

ALSO i wanted to see if there is any future upgrades planned for this phone like 2.2 or greater, and if so, is verizion going to jerk the incredible owners around like they did the eris owners.

And last question since there is about a month wait on when your order an incredible to when you will recieve it should i just wait and see if there is any thing else that comes out because i think i read that they are canning the incredible for some other version of it that comes with a a memory card or something or another like that.

thanks guys and remeber that im not going need this phone like a business person the main things it needs to do are make calls and send txt the rest is just accesories(sp).

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

If you like Sense UI then go ahead and order the Inc. it has absolutely no lag to it, and coming from an eris the learning curve will be virtually non-existent. Now if you crave a bigger screen wait unitl the 15th of July and check out the Droid X. It has a different UI skin over stock android 2.1 but is getting great reviews so far. Either way you can't go wrong :)

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Incredible battery life stinks.

Froyo (2.2) is expected before end of summer for Incredible.

Droid X is on the way. Will out preform, but I dont like Motorola and the new phones are actually too big for me.

If you liked Eris, you will love Incredible.

4. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member

There is pretty much no lag. Remember, the Incredible is running pretty much the same software as the Eris, except with a processor that's about 67% faster.

Battery life isn't great, but I've never had the phone die on me during the day. It might be very low, less than 10% by the time I get home and put it in the charger, about 14-15 hours later. YMMV, though, depending on how many apps you have running all the time. I'm a pretty heavy user who checks his RSS feeds and tweets all the time.

5. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Ditto here. Transitioned from LG Dare. No lag time, quick response between and in programs. I mean, how much faster do you need a phone to be?

Size is an issue for me. Held the Evo today to get a feel as to if I want to return my DInc and get the Droid X, and no way. I prefer keeping my phone in my pocket so prefer the average size of DInc. With the DInc screen being so bright & crisp, I see just fine. Besides, u put the Droid X in a case and it makes it even slightly bigger.

Battery life is an issue for all smart phones. Mine lasts the day and into the next without charging, but I have put myself in the habit of charging each night just to be safe and keep a car charger in the jeep. If you are concerned about battery life stick to a flip phone. Buying an Android phone and worrying about the battery by using app killers and monitoring it, etc is like buying a sports car and not using the sunroof and electric windows.
    Oh, and I don't see MotoBlur as being a deciding factor for me since I don't do all of the social networks. I prefer HTC Sense because it gives the basic Android hacker feel a sexy and clean lines look.
    I get buyers remorse constantly with all the blogs out here showing the newest and upcoming Android phones coming out, but the DInc meets my needs & I am happy. Good luck with your choice...I am sure you will be happy either way.

Oh, and don't worry about the wait. I went to a 3rd party authorized retailer and got mine right in the store without a wait. Different supply channels

6. quadracer25

quadracer25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

alright i do like the incredible but does anybody have pictures of the new droid x i would mind looking at it or any articles on it.

im pretty sure ill go with the incedible though.

7. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

There is a moto droid x section...

Motorola Droid X - Android Forums