A few questions from a new G1 user.General

Last Updated:

1. elanning

elanning Active Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings,

1.) Is it possible to hookup a normal USB keyboard to the G1 if I used a mini-usb adapter? Would be great to be able to bang out emails on a full keyboard now and again. :rolleyes:

2.) I know that its pretty simple to change the G1's wallpaper, but is there any kind of theme support out there? Changing the colors of the menu and notification areas and so forth.

3.) With the ShopSavvy application, is there a way to add products to help grow the database? Or is that something that only the developer can do.

4.) What resolution should I use to create my own wallpapers? Since the image has to look good both horizontally and vertically.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

1.) Lol, no. I'm assuming this isn't possible as it won't know the drivers for the keyboard.

2.) There is theme support through alternative Home applications. Icons, wallpapers, docks, etc. For example, I use dxTop. Others use aHome, Sweeter Home, and Open Home.

3.) Actually, I'm not really sure how this works, I think it might work on an even larger scale than the developers as well. I'm sure there's a larger public database somewhere or something of the likes.

4.) You should use 640x480. This is the size I've used for both resized wallpapers and wallpapers made from scratch.

How the hell am I the first person to answer these questions? Lol. Anyway, I hope this helps, if you have any more questions just continue with number 5.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

We are letting(enjoying) you demo your expertise ... and we appreciate the help :D