• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A few questions if you have the time

ACD168

Android Expert
Apr 30, 2010
OK, so with the announce of 2.2OTA, who is gunna stay were they are, and just use the newest leak (or w.e) and not get the OTA

are you going to down grade to get the OTA 2.2, if so, are you s-on, or s-off.

also, I was rooted, with s-off, running the newest leak, newest radio, and decided to downgrade to stock recovery to accept the OTA, all hell broke loose, and finally I got my phone to boot up, and am currently sitting at stock recovery, .77 hboot, and stock radio, stock 2.1update1 all stock. but really what im looking for is what your hboot is and what radio and rom all that good stuff.

also I cannot get s-on and stock recovery, I can do s-off, and then flash the PB file, OR s-on and the file wont take saying the main version is older, can anyone please guide me in the right direction just incase I need to send this phone back, how can I get stock recovery and s-on, is it the wrong pb file.. do i have the wrong hboot, ?? thanks for the time guys,

I have no desire to do the the OTA. I have already flashed it as a ROM and have upgraded to the KingxKlick #1 BFS ocuv kernel, and have installed a modified taskbar. The OTA does not really interest me now.

i'm with you but NEWER is so tempting... now that there is an official build I see the roms only getting better and that is what I will wait for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones