A few questions one week in...

Last Updated:

1. Scary

Scary Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had it a week and I'm loving the Desire. Hopefully I've got the battery use under control after help from this forum, although it still goes down quite quickly when I do stuff like web browsing or maps which is a bit annoying.

Anyway I've found the interface very intuitive and have managed to work most things out just by playing but there's a few things I'm stuck with...

*When I go into Running Applications, Google Talk is always in there despite the fact I don't use it. 'Launch by Default' for Talk isn't set in 'Manage applications'. I can stop it manually but it launches again when I boot the phone. Anyone know how I can stop it opening?

*When I finish using an application and go back to the home screen the app appears in the last 6 applications screen (when you hold down Home) and going back to it takes me back to the point where I left off. Am I right in thinking that it's still running in the background even after I've finished with it? Is it using any power and if so is there an easy way to shut it down (other than going into the applications menu)

*every other phone I've owned had an alarm which went off when the phone was off, is there any way I can do this on my Desire? (i'd rather switch it off than go into airplane mode)

*Is there a way to put shortcuts to the alarm/countdown timer onto the home pages?

Thanks for help in advance.

Advertisement
  2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

1. I believe you need google talk for market etc and therefor is not something you wish to have off!
    2. last 6 are the last 6 apps you opened/used, the multitasking on the desire is a different kind of 'running' to windows, and theyare not necessarily 'runnin' as in drawing power--you can force close apps individually, or use a task killer (but these have their own set of issues)
    3. No, not as far as I am aware. Sad, but true
    4. the link is already there, just touch the clock!

3. Scary

Scary Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ahhh, yes it does seem to be part of the Android Market. If I end it's process and then open the market it starts up again. How odd

yeah, i'd just like it on the homepage though :cool:

4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Put the clock appreciate on your homepage from the application drawer.

5. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

Regarding the 2nd point, you need not use a task killer, and it doesn't stay on and consume power.