• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A few questions please read and help!

Itlooksfast

Apr 25, 2010
I have never rooted my INC. I just got my OTA Update early this morning. I have been reading about rooting and what not and have a few questions. Im a newb to this so please be gentle :)

So far, am I right to say that you CANT root your phone if you have/running the Froyo 2.2? I know you can downgrade to 2.1 and then root but I dont wanna do that.

Rooting is basically unlocking your phone and be able have access a lot of things on your phone. I have been watching videos of rooting on Incredibles and im pretty sure I can do it. How hard is it, after you rooted, to flash a custom ROM on? I have been reading posts from XDA but a bit confuse on the steps. Can explain or help me out?

I have never rooted my INC. I just got my OTA Update early this morning. I have been reading about rooting and what not and have a few questions. Im a newb to this so please be gentle :)

So far, am I right to say that you CANT root your phone if you have/running the Froyo 2.2? I know you can downgrade to 2.1 and then root but I dont wanna do that.

Rooting is basically unlocking your phone and be able have access a lot of things on your phone. I have been watching videos of rooting on Incredibles and im pretty sure I can do it. How hard is it, after you rooted, to flash a custom ROM on? I have been reading posts from XDA but a bit confuse on the steps. Can explain or help me out?

Like it was mentioned no you can not root 2.2. Why dont you want to downgrade?

Rooting is very easy and be down in 30 min depending how long it takes you to read and download! Let me know what your doing and I will be on for a little and i can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones