• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions regarding the Incredible

BaronOfBlood

Apr 4, 2010
Ok people I preordered my INC on the 19th via the online Verizon store and as FedEx says it will be arriving at my house wednesday I have a few questions:

1) I'm on a family plan and I used someone else's upgrade to get the phone, so can I just call *228 and activate the INC through my number instead of hers or is the process more complicated than that?

and

2)Has anyone seen or purchased this case from Verizon yet:
INCCase.jpg

Is this case a regular floppy silicone case or is it the new "crystal" silicone case like this one:
YouTube - Flex Crystal Skin Case

I would prefer the crystal case because it doesn't attract dust and doesn't stretch out

Baron, I'm new here but I may be able to help you. First, I don't think you can just dial 228 BUT it's still easy. You either make a few minutes phone call or you can do it yourself at Verizons website. I have upgraded numerous times on with other accounts. I use my work phone accounts all the time to do what your doing. Never a problem. the phone call way takes a few minutes max.

2nd, i already have that cover. I ordered it before I got me phone(coming same day as yours-hopefully tomorrow-Fed-ex sometimes delivers early if they get it). And that case is flexible rubber. I'm holding it as I type. Kind of too shinny for my taste but still nice

Edit, I'm sorry. I didn 't watch the video first. It is more solid than the regular rubber one. I'm almost positive it's "crystal" style". Definately not just rubber

Upvote 0
I don't know if this link will work because I had to type in my zip code Enter your location

if not got to Verizon home page, then Support, then Phone & Devices and you will see a "Activate Phone" link. it's easy. I have done it alot of times. If it doesn't work for some unknow reason just call. You will not be disappointed when you see how quick and easy it is. You need the numbers where the battery goes to do it online.

hope this helps. good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones