• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Few Questions

Pranas

May 24, 2010
Maybe you can help?

1. basically I use a bunch of google contacts (names/numbers) on my phone and I have most of them linked to corresponding facebook accounts (photos, some other info). however, facebook stuff doesn't seem to have got synchronized ever after linking, why is so? I mean photos are getting old and outdated, I would like to have them updated at least once a month or so. how should I do that?

2. I found the camera (using default application) being way too shabby in particular situations: from time to time I tend to take photos of standard sheets of paper (A4 format, pretty much size 12 fonts) so that I could glimpse at them afterwards, but that's poor success. I mean I touch the screen, it seems like focusing where I want it to, but taken photo is still blurry like 2 times out of 3 or so.... Are there some settings related to such close-range photos or something? Because I find it hard to believe, e.g. my previous $150 3,2MP NOKIA used to take kind of crappy pictures, but paper sheets were still readable like 9 times out of 10.

maybe you could show an example? I use the camera to reference papers i might like to read, and it works for me (see attached)

Attachments

• IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
For your number one.

It must mean you have auto sync off, according to me that is. I had it off and it didn't sync but if you want it once a month or something then just into accounts and sync and press sync all. It will update all the pictures and other stuff which normally gives the green bubble. I hope that is what you were looking for.

for your number two:

There doesn't appear to be a macro setting, i know it sounds stupid but you might need to be further away? if not and with that out of the way, i don't know if it is any use but there is an app that turns photos of papers into pdf, perhaps that might be generally better for you organisation. ( i know im not really on topic) The only other things i can think of is, good light source, because i have taken it and it appears to be fine. There are other camera apps which might make a difference though?

Upvote 0
1. not only I have auto-sync on, I just tried to "Sync all" manually, rebooted the phone and there was no success. new contact adds up perfectly, but those damn default facebook photos stay old...

2. as there is no miraculous setting I think I'll just try experimenting more with my shots

Upvote 0
1. basically I use a bunch of google contacts (names/numbers) on my phone and I have most of them linked to corresponding facebook accounts (photos, some other info). however, facebook stuff doesn't seem to have got synchronized ever after linking, why is so? I mean photos are getting old and outdated, I would like to have them updated at least once a month or so. how should I do that?

Is it just profile pictures of your friends? Also, is it everyone's profile pic?

I have a friend that changed his profile pic on fb, but it's not updating on my contacts on the phone. But I have other people that have changed their profile pic and my contacts DID update. I'm wondering whether it's a certain way people update their profile pic. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Is it just profile pictures of your friends? Also, is it everyone's profile pic?

I have a friend that changed his profile pic on fb, but it's not updating on my contacts on the phone. But I have other people that have changed their profile pic and my contacts DID update. I'm wondering whether it's a certain way people update their profile pic. :thinking:

Yes, it seems to affect only default profile photos, not other info.

Even though I have noticed no pictures updated at all, my problem might be the same as yours, simply I don't carry many contacts+facebook so I haven't seen particular ones being properly updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones