A Few Questions

Last Updated:

1. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few questions about rooting:

1) When you get a kernel that can overclock the CPU, does it also underclock/volt when the phone is idle in order to save battery?

2) If I wanted to remove the root, is there a way to get all of my apps back? Also, for contacts I assume I can just run backup assistant?

3)How much battery life improvement have you guys seen when rooted?

4) When official Froyo releases, would I just unroot and install that with no issues? Or will there be a problem? (I would leave the stock ROM if I root)

5) Does senseUI still work when rooted?

6) Can you use the Market and DL apps like normal when rooted, or do you need to find all the .apk's? Also, if I bought apps, then root, can I get them again for free?

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement
  2. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

Hope this helps! Make sure to read through all the stickys about how to flash and un-root, as well as the roms so you can pick whats best for you.

Cheers!

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

he said everything that should help you but heres some more info... with kernels its all about what kind you use, some phones can take being overclocked and undervolted while others can only be undervolted and not overclocked much for stability issues

4. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so If I use setCPU, do I need a custom kernel, or can I just root using the guide in the sticky, and then go from there?