A few questions...

1. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm rooted and running CM7.1 Stable.

I've got GAPPs with visual voicemail.

1. When I use HDMWin, audio is rarely routed thru my television... even when I have that option checked. It works about a third of the time. HOWEver, EVERY time I use HDMWin, my headphone icon comes on and audio is screwed on my phone until I reboot. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

2. Before rooting about two or three weeks ago, I downloaded the latest updates from Sprint and HTC. Is there any reason for my to flash a new radio or PRL? I.e. is the radio/PRL on the phone changed when you flash a new ROM?

3. I've seen a few threads about getting the GPS fix for CM7.1... is there a fix I can use that doesn't involve resetting my phone or flashing a new ROM?

4. I'm still getting a lot of force closings on my launcher (both VTL and ADW). Is this common?

Advertisement
  2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

1. Sorry, never used HDMI on my Evo :(

2. Any radio/PRL updates are independent of ROM flashing. So if you go flashing new roms, all the radio stuff stays intact. You CAN flash radio updates, but if you're on the most current already and not having any issues, then you should be fine. PRL can only be updated via a Sense ROM. You cannot do it on CM7, or any other AOSP rom.

3. Have you seen Galandy's GPS thread on XDA? Here is the link

[FIX][AOSP][MIUI] All GPS fixes! - xda-developers

You want the Qualcomm Vision 1.1 drivers. Just wipe cache and dalvik in recovery, flash the zip file and reboot. This is a solid, easy fix and works for the vast majority of Evo users. My GPS locks flawlessly with that driver.

4. For force close issues, have you tried fixing permissions? What recovery are you using? With RA, go into recovery and select "other"....then select either "fix apk uid mismatches" or "fix permissions" depending on which version of Amon RA you are running.

Oh, and one other thing....did you flash from ROM Manager? Always, always, always flash manually through recovery. ROM manager has proven time and time again to be buggy and cause more problems than you need, so stay away from it. Although you can also run fix permissions in that program, so that is one acceptable use for it.
    dustwun77, Braaainz and ocnbrze like this.