A few simple questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JP24

JP24 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure these are easy answers, but I can't figure it out.

I have the phone paired with my Chevy Equinox. It works perfectly. I was talking on the phone the other day, and I also have turn-by-turn navigation on. It interrupted the call for a second to transmit the directions, which came through the speakers. How can I just use navigation with bluetooth? I notice there is an option to fair a gps unit in my car...

Another bluetooth question. I am having problems connecting it to my Mac Book Pro. I can send files from my phone to my computer with no problems. I turned on the ftp option on the phone, and now I have the option to browse from my compuer. However, I always get a message saying connection failed displayed on my computer. Any ideas?

How do I take a screen shot? Where is it stored?

How do I insert "pre-made" smiley faces in text messages? Or do I have to type them manually? I thought I saw an option at one point, but haven't been able to get back to it.

I thought there was a program that adjusts settings (ringer type, volume) depending on the location. What is the name?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

For the settings based on location, there are a few options. My recommendations are FoxyRing or Setting Profiles

3. JP24

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

4. nyjetsfan28

nyjetsfan28 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is what you mean but...

With the message pulled up, go to Menu < More and it's right there.

5. JP24

That's exactly what I saw/was looking for. Thanks. Now just the bluetooth issues...