• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A fix for a broken headphone jack (sensor is suck on, have to use speaker phone)

Purpleyeti

Lurker
Mar 7, 2013
For the past few days when I made a call the person on the other side couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them even though the call went through. Also I couldn't play music through the built in speakers. This began after my headphone jack became loose, quit working, and the sensor in jack was switched to on even when headphones were not inserted. This caused all my calls to go through headphones even though headphones were not inserted. Also there is a problem that makes you switch to your speaker phone to communicate with other people. This seems to be a problem all smartphones can have but there doesn't seem to be a good solution, from what I've read the first thing you should try is cleaning out the port, if the problem continues and your headphone jack is actually broken there is a way to bypass it so you can continue using your internal phone speakers.

:) solution :)

So far the best solution I've found is going into the play store and downloading **********, from my searching it seems to be the only way to disable the headphone jack. (I ripped the entire thing out of my phone by accident and it still said the sensor was being tripped)

I tried alot of different tricks to fix it, but this app I just happened to find in the app store. This seems to be the only way to actually disable the headphone jack.

I was going to post some links to problems others were experiencing, but it won't let me.

So basically if your headphone jack is actually broken and the sensor is stuck on, you can't hear each other if you make a call, or you have to use the speaker phone to talk, and you can't play things through the built in speaker, try **********. This was the only solution I could find that diddnt involve taking it into a store.

- From Purpleyeti with love <3

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones