• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A Flash question

netizenmt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2010
Mansfield, OH
Don't shoot me for asking what may end up being a naive n00b question, but...

Is there any chance some genius here (drellisdee comes to mind!) might figure out a way to clone a version of Flash that would work with our processor, since it appears Adobe will never support it? The custom ROMs are awesome, as are the OC kernels and what-not, but let's face it. Someone solving the Flash support issue for the Ally would become a GOD !!! to the user community here.

I'm just sayin'... :D

Reactions: swc2001
I know this has to be possible. Someone ported the .apk of flash to prefroyo evo and you can install it without rooting.

The difference here is supported processor + unsupported android version vs. unsupported processor + unsupported android version.

The former is much more important. You don't have to "port" when the processor is supported, just ensure it has the supporting libraries etc it needs. However, with an unsupported processor, you need to recompile the application, which requires having source code---and I doubt we'll ever have the source code for Flash.

If there's another way, I'd be amazed. If "Flash" ever works, it would probably be a workalike like Gnash, not Adobe Flash.

Reactions: swc2001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones