• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A fresh CM6 FroYo build for droid

No kidding. Just today we've got a new CM ROM, JRummy's newest Froyo Kangerade and ChevyNo1 released his newest version of Simply Stunning. And it's not as if BB V0.3 and V0.4 are old releases. I'm having trouble deciding which one to stick with for more than a few hours.

For me.....it's either BB or CM....FRF57 Build or Source.....hmmmmmm......

Upvote 0
i need an alpha 3 or something. its awesome, its cyanogen but some things don't work, like picture uploads or chrome to phone, which I actually find myself using often. My battery seems good though!

There is a CM Alpha 3, here...has been reported to by stable by most folks running it. Backup first, and all the standard warnings...

http://bit.ly/bIURUa

jdlfg has CM-specific kernels for CM ROMs here:

jdlfg kernels v.32.2.0 for Froyo 2.2 New v.32.2.1 kernels rom specific to cm - CyanogenMod Forum

These, in the OP of that thread, w/"cm" in the file name:

I'm running the 1GHz kernel, it's the first kernel over 800MHz that I've been able to run and stay stable with on a Froyo ROM.

Upvote 0
I'm running a nightly build from 7-5 and its super quick and stable. One of the best features which just has me tickled pink is the text flow option for the web browser. Afaik it's something that only Apple and HTC have implemented in their browsers. It the behavior where when you pinch to zoom it will flow the text onto the screen to exactly fill it. All browsers when you double-tap them will zoom and fit the text to screen but if you zoom manually after that it won't auto fit anymore and your left with sliding the page around to view the text. With the option in CM6 no matter how much or how little of increments you pinch and pull in/out on the screen it will auto-flow the text to perfectly fill the screen. I was digging the Desire (HTC) rom that was being ported to the Droid a couple months ago as that one browser feature would be the only reason for me to want to own a Sense UI based phone.

You know how we all have our certain quirks about the littlest things we want out of our roms. For me its that super slick exact-o-fit text zooming in the browser. I hope other devs look at the code and implement that into their roms.

Upvote 0
I'm running a nightly build from 7-5 and its super quick and stable. One of the best features which just has me tickled pink is the text flow option for the web browser. Afaik it's something that only Apple and HTC have implemented in their browsers. It the behavior where when you pinch to zoom it will flow the text onto the screen to exactly fill it. All browsers when you double-tap them will zoom and fit the text to screen but if you zoom manually after that it won't auto fit anymore and your left with sliding the page around to view the text. With the option in CM6 no matter how much or how little of increments you pinch and pull in/out on the screen it will auto-flow the text to perfectly fill the screen. I was digging the Desire (HTC) rom that was being ported to the Droid a couple months ago as that one browser feature would be the only reason for me to want to own a Sense UI based phone.

You know how we all have our certain quirks about the littlest things we want out of our roms. For me its that super slick exact-o-fit text zooming in the browser. I hope other devs look at the code and implement that into their roms.

I love that feature as well. Makes pinch to zoom so much more fluid and useful

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones