1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

A funny thought to irk all the Iphanboys.

Last Updated:

1. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

This was just a quick thought/request for all the wonderfull Dev's out there who might get a kick out of a quick project. Make a rom/theme that will turn my A number 1 DROID into an Iphone 3G? Now before the flaming starts, no I don't want an IPhone. I don't envy the iPhone. I have a boss that is an major iPhanboy express (has apple everything, was the first in line localy for the 3G, is trying to get us apples for here at work, etc ad nausium) and I think it would be 1. really funny 2. an excelent way to show that the droid is truly superior, to walk into his office and say "Hay I have an iCrap too!!" Maybe that would shut him up finaly. Heck to avoid all the copyright problems go ahead and have the startup have a crabapple with a worm comeing out and it write "iCrap" across the screen.
    (soft evil maniacle laughter)
    Thoughts, witty retorte, talk to me people. I'm willing to be a guinne pig for this one.:D

Advertisement
  2. obstar85

obstar85 Well-Known Member

Motivate.

For some reason this brings up the thought of my Droid pretends to be an iPhone better than your iPhone.
  3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Just put your phone in airplane mode and tell him you loaded an iPhone 4 simulator on your Droid. :D
    ballisticn8 and SNeitzel like this.
  4. corbinator

bwaaaahahahahahahahah
  5. sradner

sradner Member

There's an alternate launcher named vLauncher in the market. Free, sort of iPhone-esque.
  6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

In my signature! :D
  7. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

8. corbinator

Well I downloaded it. Trying to get all my apps restored. Very nice, boss is already jelous but is a iPhanboy to the core. My only problem is that my app icon is in chinese. Will play more this week and post back.

N/M I didn’t realize that it wasn’t an app drawer, some folder for dev tools.
  9. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Over on droidforums go to D1-MIUI's ROM section for that version. It's much much improved. Everything translated, smoother scrolling, etc.

It's a really nice ROM, never tried the iPhone theme but I'm sure it's really nice. No app draw takes getting used to but I set up a few folders with the folders app to organize everything and kind of liked the change. The lockscreen and a few other features in MIUI are very impressive.
  10. corbinator

Yes the no app drawer took a little getting used to. Only other bad thing is that when I restored all my apps (finally, took TiBu for EVER!!) I lost that wallpaper and for some reason I can’t get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N/M I was getting a lot of force closes and such so I uninstalled, I'll wait till it gets a little more stable. And even though it was cool, it really was too iPhoney one of the reasons I didn't get an iCrap is because I didn't like having AAALLLL my apps out there. I like my android with a drawer for all my stuff I don't use all the time. Nice clean desktop.