• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A gamepad at the back of your phone!

Hi there gamer buddies!

I'm kind of new on this forum, but I wanted to share a thought and a question with you...
A friend of mine who's iOS developer showed me yesterday an accessory that I find pretty cool: https://sensusxp.com/
attachment.php

It's a kind of iPhone case that adds touch controls on the back and the sides of the phone. Their video shows some interesting examples, and I thought: in games specifically it could be amazing! You could have the game controls on the back, you wouldn't "spam" your screen with controls (like in the emulators). You would handle your phone like a PSP or so...

I'm much more Android-fan than iOS, so I was wondering if such a device exists for Android. I am a developer myself and I've started to dream with some concepts of apps and games that would be great with such a thing.

So, do you know if something like this exists? What do you think? Do controls in the back seem cool to you?

Cheers lads!
Ed

I think having touch controls on the back would just be harder to use. The PS Vita has a touch panel on the back, and there doesn't seem to be any real use for it. Mobile games that use virtual buttons are already frustrating because you can't feel the buttons. Not being able to see them would be even worse. Having physical buttons on the back would be more useful for games.

There are some cool applications for it they show in the demo. But I don't think I'd ever spend $80 on that case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones