• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a good cloud docs app?

dan55

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2010
hi all

am thinking of using cloud/net docs so i can easily share them between different computers and my htc desire - ive had a look at google docs but it doesnt seem that hot :/ seems to mess up the formatting of my word doc

anyone tried this and had success ?

cheers
dan

DropBox.
But SugarSync handles whole DVDs!

But you should consider anything you stick in the cloud as public as a postcard and take appropriate data security measures. Like keeping regular backups elsewhere, and encrypting sensitive files BEFORE you sync/upload them to the cloud. Don't ENcrypt or DEcrypt files when they are IN the cloud.

Upvote 0
They are downloaded and cached for viewing or editing. So of course, the files must be re-uploaded to Dropbox for other machines to see changes. Think for a second. Dropbox is only remote storage. It's not like using Google Docs where the file not only resides on a remote server, but that server also actually runs the app dealing with said file. And even if your computer/phone could work locally with a file residing remotely, it would be slow going.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones