A good day to compare your Desire to an iPhone

Last Updated:

1. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Shock, horror, iOS4 has brought something unpleasant, wait for it, that unholy word that has never been associated with the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has LAG.

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

My brother in law has already been complaining that his 3gs is way too slow. My heart bleeds.

Advertisement
  2. GSMGuy

GSMGuy Well-Known Member

Yup, did the update earlier on my Sisters' 3GS and also my 3rd gen Touch - Both noticeably slower now!

Mike

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

That's if the update worked and didnt brick the phone, or mean apps no longer work like the folks at work.

Was quite amusing when asked if they could use my "crappy desire" as they previously put it to do something their iphone cant anymore.

4. wuthton

I was worried that iOS4 might bring a touch of phone envy with it for me. Happily it had reduced the iPhone to a level below my old G1. It is still not full multitasking but has horrid lag, happy days.

5. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

Its a very good day to compare. Over at Gizmodo and a few other sites there seems to be a rising number of new iphone owners complaining of yellow marks on their so called magical screen, some are now saying that they have got white marks in the new magical screen and apparently, if you hold the phone in the wrong place, your call will be dropped :0
    Android > iphoney :)

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I've heard that if you hold the iPhone 4 in your left hand (basically over the antenna on the last) then the signal drops from 5 bars to 1 bar and you get dropped calls.

Not good for left handed people :D

7. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Let's have a moment of silence.

Wait, no. Hahahahahahaha wow. And to think, the 2.2 update to Android phones only improves performance with an updated kernel that gives you greater memory access and JIT compiler (yes, I've experienced it personally).

Do we point and laugh at iPhone users all at once or do we have to queue up? Playtime's over, kiddies. The magical fruitphones are no longer magical.

8. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Back when the iPhone was in the 2.xx versions it was laggy as hell towards the start. I remember that the 2.0 update was incredibly slow and people flooded the iPhone forums with complaints. Apple released a speed-fix update.

So it's not the first time they've had lag problems :D

9. wuthton

I like the idea of queing up to each have a turn.

10. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

LOL. Do they get branded "Owned by SJ" as well?

11. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Haha this is hilarious!

On a slightly separate note, why is it that it isn't proper multi tasking anyway?

12. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Also dont forget their lovely screens now scratch, as apple seem to have stopped coating them in that stuff.

Good idea to also make the back made of the same stuff then :rofl:

13. psu9495

psu9495 Member

Sad thing is, non of this matters to all those people waiting in line at the Apple stores today. They have been brainwashed by expert marketing (you have to give Apple that) to believe that whatever Apple releases must currently be the state of the art. It must have more function than any other phone, and perform every function better than all the rest. These people don't research before they make the purchase to see what's out there, and how something else might be more suited to their needs. They just KNOW Apple is the best so they will buy Apple for the rest of their lives. How pathetic (and boring).

14. gibbs1984

15. wuthton

This is a breath of fresh air. I was an early adopter of Android and it always sounded petulant when I tried to justly that our OS was superior. Now it is fact, no argument is necessary.

16. MH75

MH75 Well-Known Member

Thing is though wont Apple just sort out a software update,then update the phone?

Rather than maybe sort an update then pass it on to the phone manufactures who may decide to update some of their handsets who then pass it on to the network providers to muck about with and screw it up a bit by which time youve bought a new phone! :rolleyes:

17. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Orrrr you could buy a Nexus One, which is the equivalent of the iPhone for Google. Research before you buy, etc, etc.

Oh yeah, some more lulz: http://lifehacker.com/5572003/how-to-downgrade-your-iphone-3g[s]-from-ios-4-to-ios-313

[​IMG]
    Invite a friend to comment
    Didn't Steve Jobs says something about task managers once upon a time? :)

18. Rotormaster

Rotormaster Well-Known Member

Have you all noticed how happy you are that the iphone is failing? all these smiley faces and comments of a great day to compare, it seems rather ridiculous and childish don't you think? feeling happy when another phone has problems making your phone better is a little sad if you ask me, they are just phones. Why carry on about which is better? don't get me wrong, I prefer android, and indeed it is true that all these people have been fooled by the brainwashing ability of excellent consumer marketing, but we all know it is only a well polished well advertised devise (made to seem good), but if so why keep worrying about it? and if the desire is indeed so much better why not simply let fools buy they're pig with lipstick and carry on with your desire? is it because of the subconscious insecurity and anxiety that comes with the thought that the other phone might in some ways actually be better? it would explain why you all unknowingly convince your selfs that you hate it and then knowingly willfully and consciously ignore the objective facts for a biased look that your phone is better,while completely disregarding your phone's faults and then when the other phone has faults, then you do indeed pay great attention to it and focus strongly on its faults, as of course this makes you feel better and assures you that you have the better phone, indeed a great example of love blinding the beholder.

If the desire really is better in your opinion, then prove it by not worrying about the competition and wasting your time immaturely comparing which phone is better.

I think it is time you all let go of your insecurities and just enjoy the phone YOU have!

What's the guess that this post will go completely ignored, (again we can thank blind love for that).

incsmiro, jay_kay and Lmkt like this.
  19. ramanmilan

ramanmilan Well-Known Member

Iphone 4 is having so many reception issues.
    The signal drops if you hold it in your hand. So much for the new design.

Remember, you don't adjust the iPhone to fit you, you adjust yourself to fit the iPhone.

[​IMG]

20. Rotormaster

Rotormaster Well-Known Member

Oh really? since we are pointing out faults, I have recently noticed that the desire seems to have a phew issues as well, should I point them out?

21. ramanmilan

ramanmilan Well-Known Member

but steve jobs specifically pointed out the new feature in which the antenna was built in the body of the phone....

22. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

Oh really ? Does it have reception issues ? Not really. Other issues maybe. That's the same with all the other phones.

Why come on an Android forum and flame ?

23. weeb

weeb Active Member

Everyone is happy because it is becoming increasingly apparent that the iphone is not the be-all, end-all phone that it is constantly portrayed as.

Both the iphone and the desire have faults, this forum is testament to that, so why feel the need to flame?

24. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Holding an iPhone 4 right now, and it certainly feels extremely solid. Will unfortunately have to get a micro SIM to test out the connectivity issues and iOS4.

Both the iPhone 4 and the HTC Desire are both amazing phones, the best available in the UK at the minute in my opinion(bar the Galaxy S, which I haven't been able to try).

Rotormaster likes this.
  25. gibbs1984

I'm not worrying about it believe me, never have I said to an iPhone user how much I hate Apple (Apple, not the iPhone) but surely I'm allowed a little chuckle to myself when Steve Jobs comes out and portrays the device as the best thing since sliced bread when in terms of technology its not really and can't even do a basic thing like hold a signal?