A good glitch on my Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So this morning I grab my phone... and first thing i notice is there is no lock screen.
    It has what apperas to be a screen saver screen with only the clock (looks like the clock widget)

I recorded a video of it:
    Mobile Uploads :: VID00121.flv video by cableguynoe - Photobucket

Weird thing is it worked just like the lock screen. In the video you cant see me hitting the power/end key, but i was hitting it, then hitting menu to unlock it. I actually really liked it.
    But it was driving me crazy that i did not know how it got there. I went through my recent downloads to see if an app might be causing this... but nothing.

Finally, i decided to pull the battery, and sure enough it went away. Now it's back to normal.
    But i'm just curios if anyone knows of a way to get it back?

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Man, I wish I could do that. I'm not a fan of the lock screen. I hit "menu" but even that becomes tiresome when you constantly get texts or need to check the phone but don't want to leave it on the whole time.

This seems like a good glitch. Last good glitch I saw was Missingno on Pokemon.

3. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

that was a very good glitch indeed.lol there was another glitch where the guy had his sense ui display in the horizontal format. I forget when the thread was made but he posted pics and it seemed legit.

4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yea the horizontal glitch happened to me a lot on 1.5 but then i rooted and it hasn't happened to me once.

5. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Wow, your lockscreen got blacked out, that's wild. I bet if you dragged down that 'time' and date thing, it would have been your lock bar. It's like your lock bar and lockscreen wallpaper just blacked out.

This happens with SenseUI's home screen, if you hit home, then the power/end button too fast (sometimes). When you wake up the phone and take down the lock screen, the entire screen is BLACK, except you can see the full screen weather widget animation. Happens on leak 1, leak 2, and every rooted ROM I've had. Just happened on ivan's 0.8t2 finally, to me. It stays until you switch one screen to the left or right!