• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a good music player or widget?

spikeithard,

If you open the app,you will have either one or two rows of buttons, if you have one, press the "more" button ( on the right), and you'll see a second row of buttons.
The first one is "shuffle" and the second is "repeat". Press both of them ( they turn green) and you should have continuous shuffle. Make sure you press repeat twice, to repeat all.

Upvote 0
spikeithard,

If you open the app,you will have either one or two rows of buttons, if you have one, press the "more" button ( on the right), and you'll see a second row of buttons.
The first one is "shuffle" and the second is "repeat". Press both of them ( they turn green) and you should have continuous shuffle. Make sure you press repeat twice, to repeat all.

ya i did that and the song stops and doesnt go on to the next one in the folder. it did the very first time i played music on it but later on the tracks stop after each play and i have to manually play the next song.

im trying winamp. atleast im used to that on my laptop. hopefully its the same

Upvote 0
jeez i just did it with winamp now! i installed it. opened it... imported all my songs to a new playlist and it was nice... i had it on random and when i pressed the next button the next song in line played. Then i pressed a few buttons and now it wont go to the next song anymore. plays the same song over and over when i hit back or forward. Why am i cursed!?

Upvote 0
try PowerAMP...full version is not free though...u could try out the demo for free
it's beautiful and to me it works great.

beautiful player, good EQ, editable playlist
001.png
002.png
003.png
004.png

home screen widget, lock screen widget, gesture over album art to change songs/albums
005.png
006.png
007.png

lock screen widget is so useful since I used it a lot when driving

Upvote 0
Question, I went into the Market looking for WinAmp and PowerAmp, but I could NOT find them. Are these available for 1.6 or are they 2.1 or higher only?

Maybe we may want to distinguish the OS required by the apps, so those of us locked into the time freeze with 1.6 can be depressed here, opposed to being depressed after spending time looking and looking some more in the Market. Just a thought...

Upvote 0
Question, I went in to the Market looking for Win mp and PowerAmp, but I could NOT find them. Are these available for 1.6 or are they 2.1 or higher only?

Maybe we may want to distinguish the OS required by the apps, so those of us locked into the time freeze with 1.6 can be depressed here opposed to being depressed after spending time looking and looking some more in the Market. Just a thought...

Mixzing is compatible with 1.6

Reactions: gunny5821
Upvote 0
Winamp specifically notes that it is for 2.1 and up. PowerAmp does not mention anything, so unfortunately there may not be a way to tell.

Sorry gunny. Like I said in another thread the Death Star aka at&t can sure make life difficult.

Well I guess PowerAmp must be 2.1 or higher since it is NOT appearing within the Market. Gotta love AT&T ~~~ N O T.................:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones