A great phone but...Support

Last Updated:

1. Sphynx

Sphynx Member This Topic's Starter

...but I try as I might, I just couldn't get used to the device. Mainly the whole touch thing. I thought I could adapt but I found my productivity slowed to a snail

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

don't jump ship :p

3. andreas81

andreas81 Active Member

I'm currently looking at different smartphones, e72 being my main alternative if I don't settle for one of the androids. I have also seen some pics of the calendar app in android, and must say it doesn't look very impressive, compared to the e72 which simple and yet so extremely effective in its monthly overview.

Is there any good replacement calendar you can install on android phones, maybe similar to the s60 calendar in terms of monthly overview?

// Andreas

4. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

5. Sphynx

Sphynx Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, the monthly view on symbian is like crack to me. So far, nothing compares. The other 2 reasons that drove me to stop using the galaxy were battery life and connectivity.

The E71's battery lasts about 3-4 times as long as the galaxy. But that may have something to do with the fact that the e71's battery is about twice the size ;) and requires far less processing power than the galaxy. And as for connectivity, my E71 had no trouble finding my wireless modem anywhere in the house whereas the galaxy lost the signal the moment I moved out of the same room the modem was in. Hell, it even picks up my neigbours signal, lol.

But mostly its the touch thing, its just not for me. But at least now I can say I gave it a try.

EDIT: Not everything is sunshine and roses in the symbian world though. The UI candy is horrible. It looks like their graphic designers are still using Windows 3.11 >.<