A Handbrake question

Last Updated:

1. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I want to use handbrake to rip and encode movies and stuff to my Captivate. I have tried every single format/setting option for videos and they all have the same problem.

During playback (on PC and on Capt.) the sound "skips" and the video is "blurred" with colored blocks.

What exact formats and settings are people using to rip these movies in? Which one gives you the best combination of files sizes vs. quality?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. cbasse

cbasse Member

Have you decrypted first? I think I ended up with the same results that you're describing, and then I learned I had to decrypt first, then send it through Handbrake. Hope this helps...:)

3. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Not sure about Handbrake never tried it. I use DVDFAB to rip the movies to mkv and avi and they come out just fine no skips or anything.

The issues you may have could be related to the hardware you are using. If the you are doing stuff while you are encoding and your hardware is not up to the task you can very well get the issues that you are stating. When I was running a low end machine with just 2gbs of ram I would get issues like you are. With my 3.0ghz core2 and 4gbs of ram everything runs smooth now but I still don't do much if any multitasking when encoding. I walk away from the comp and let it encode on its own.

Edited....
    Just looked at the specs for Handbrake and it doesn't decrypt the video so you do need AnyDvd to do that for you.

4. richierich

richierich Active Member

Yes you need to use a program like AnyDVD to decode the antipiracy filter

5. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

I use Vuze, it works fine. Drag and drop the file into Vuze, it converts it to your Android device automatically.
    Also works for 360, PS3, and tons of other media devices.

6. richierich

richierich Active Member

Oh and DVDFab works great too

7. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hehe, Do'h, ok thanks for the info! Ill give that a try!

8. harryzwd

harryzwd Well-Known Member